Clearing the Air
Duct Fabrication & Cleaning Services
A home's ductwork is often one of the most forgotten and neglected cooling system components. However, without ductwork your forced air handler would be completely useless and if your ductwork is sized wrong, in disrepair or incomplete, your air conditioning bills could be unusually high.
At Cool Environment we specialize in fabricating residential HVAC custom ductwork to fit your home's existing or new forced air cooling system. Our shop is equipped to fabricate custom duct transitions, elbows, offsets and more, quickly and accurately.
More and more people are becoming aware of the effect indoor air quality has on their health. Dirt and dust containing pollutants and allergens coat your ductwork over time and occasionally need to be removed to improve indoor air quality. We clean your ducts by physically removing buildup from the duct walls using a compressed-air system while a powerful vacuum removes the dirt and dust. Beware any cut-rate duct cleaning that advertises prices too good to be true. Always ask what they will be doing to physically remove the buildup. You will usually find out that such cleaning is an extra charge they will tell you about after they get their foot in your door. We do not believe this is fair to the customer, and will instead ask you a few questions and give you an accurate, fair price before scheduling the appointment.
How do I know if I need duct cleaning?
If you answer YES to any of the following questions, it may be time to have your duct system professionally cleaned.
- Does anyone in the house have allergies, asthma, or other respiratory problems?
- Does anyone in your family suffer from headaches, nasal congestion, or other sinus problems at night or in the morning?
- Is there or was there ever a smoker in the house?
- Do you have or was there ever a dog, cats or other pets in the house?
- Do you notice "musty" or "stale" odors when the furnace or air conditioner runs?
- Do you notice dust on the furniture shortly after cleaning?
- Does it seem like there is not enough air flow coming from your vents?
- Is your furnace equipped only with a standard throw-away fiberglass filter?