Service, Repair & Installation
Cool Environment offers the broadest array of air conditioning services from Jupiter to Key West. Air conditioning adds a whole new element to your comfort during those hot summer days.
Today's air conditioners are more comfortable and efficient than ever. We can get you up and running with air conditioning right away.
Central air conditioners are split systems: an outdoor unit (the condensing unit) and an indoor unit (air handler). The function of an air conditioner is to transport heat from inside the house to outside. The vehicle your system uses to carry the heat is called a refrigerant, commonly referred to as Freon.
- Cool Environment provides service and repair to all makes and models of air conditioners.
We proudly install industry leading Air Conditioners from Armstrong Air, Ducane, Amana & Goodman.
The compressor in your outdoor unit changes the refrigerant (or "Freon") into a high temperature, high pressure gas. As that gas flows through the outdoor coil, it loses heat and condenses into a high temperature, high pressure liquid. This liquid refrigerant travels through copper tubing into the evaporator coil. There the refrigerant expands.
Its sudden expansion turns the refrigerant into a low temperature, low pressure gas. This gas then absorbs heat from the air circulating in the duct work. The cooled air is then distributed back through your house or place of business. Meanwhile, the heat absorbed by the refrigerant is carried back outside through copper tubing and released into the outside air.
Dirty coils and improper refrigerant levels can cause your system to cool less efficiently than it should. An inefficient system means higher energy bills. It also forces your compressor to work harder than is necessary and can actually shorten the lifespan of your unit. An annual air conditioning inspection by an experienced technician includes an inspection of the coils and the checking of your refrigerant charge, to insure that your system is running efficiently.
Common Cooling Issues
- Cooling System is not working properly or turning on
- The air from the Cooling System smells funny
- Certain rooms or offices are too hot or too cold
- Strange noises are coming from the Cooling System
- Air is not circulating properly
- The Cooling System pipes are freezing
- The thermostat is not working properly
- No air or minimal air flow from vents or certain rooms
- The crawl space of my house is too hot or too cold
Save on Your Energy Bill
Ensure your air conditioning system is cooling your home at optimum levels when you want it. Here's how you can save:
- Routine system inspections
- Sealing of vents and duct work
- Proper duct, window, vent and home insulation
- Adjustment of gas pressure
- Routine cleaning and servicing of HVAC motor, exchangers and coils
- Implementation of zoning systems
- Maintaining a clean blower